Wireless speakers simply work like traditional ones. The only difference is that they come with added flexibility. So, you can easily connect to the world of digital and internet audio. Technology has definitely enhanced the functionality of wireless speakers. Below is a comprehensive overview of the best wireless speakers you can currently buy right now.
Top 8 Wireless Speakers
Finding a good wireless speaker isn’t easy. It’s time-consuming and certainly takes dedication. But regardless of that, you have made the searching process easier. So, whether you are looking for a high-end device or cheap, we’ve got you covered. Below is an overview of the top 8 wireless speakers.
1. Sonos One
This is an excellent 2nd generation of wireless speaker. It’s not only attractive but also brilliant. This wireless speaker importantly produces audio for every room. It should be noted that Sonos One perfectly fits in any space. For instance, you can place it on your kitchen countertop. Besides that, you can tuck it away on your book-shelf.
With inbuilt voice control, you can seamlessly use this device for multiple chores. For instance, it can play music, set alarms, check news, and answer questions. What particularly makes this device to stand out is the stereo sound. You can simply pair it with another similar speaker for a completely immersive experience.View On Amazon
Sonos One simply allows you to build your system. This means that you can easily connect the speakers I different rooms wirelessly. Ultimately, it allows you to enjoy brilliant sound. You get a chance to clearly listen to everything your way.
- In-built Amazon Alexa: You can conveniently play music, ask questions, and set alarms, etc.
- Room-filling sound: it clearly produces rich and deep audio.
- Compact design: it comfortably fits in tiny spaces.
- Enhanced connectivity: you can wirelessly pair it with another device. Consequently, you will obtain a more detailed sound.
- You can easily connect it to multiple rooms.
- Powerful audio regardless of its size.
- Works perfectly with Amazon Alexa. In addition to that, it also pairs with Google Assistant.
- The sound normally distorts at top volumes.
- It doesn’t have Bluetooth connection hence limited use.
2. Amazon Echo Dot
This speaker should certainly not be overlooked. It undoubtedly ranks as the top wireless speaker at the moment. It should be noted that this device works with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. As a result, you can easily play music from a variety of sources.
The 3rd generation device, of course, has some of the best features. The smart speaker perfectly syncs with Alexa. Therefore, you can easily control it with voice commands. You can also stream songs from other sites using this device. They include platforms such as Amazon Music, Apple Music, Sirius XM, and Spotify.View On Amazon
It should be noted that this speaker also connects with others. As a result, you can all anyone hands-free. This smart speaker with Alexa equally makes it easier to control your home. For example, you can use to turn lights, lock doors, and adjust thermostats.
- Alexa skills: there are more than 50,000 smart skills.
- Versatile speaker: it has great audio as well as an attractive fabric design.
- Completely voice control your music: effortlessly stream songs from various online platforms.
- Ready to help: simply ask Alexa to do anything for you. They include tasks such as reading news, weather updates, alarms, and playing music.
- Smart voice control hence efficiency.
- The audio completely fills the room.
- Conveniently easy to set up.
- Smart Home integration clearly needs improvement.
3. JBL Xtream 2
This is a completely waterproof device. JBL Xtreme is a highly portable and versatile device. As a result, it’s certainly great for outdoor use. It effortlessly delivers impressive sound quality. Well, this is absolutely facilitated by passive radiators.View On Amazon
Its mic offers solid intelligibility for speakerphone calls. Therefore, you can use the Voice Memos app on an iPhone with it. The Bluetooth pairing option means that you can also link other similar speakers. As a result, you will end up with a fully immersive audio experience.
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming.
- It’s completely waterproof.
- It’s uniquely designed with durable fabric. In addition to that, it has a rugged material.
- It continuously provides 15 hours of playtime.
- Highly attractive and durable.
- Completely waterproof.
- Perfectly provides 15 hours of playtime
- It lacks navigation buttons hence limited functionality.
- It’s kind of bulky and therefore not highly portable.
4. Marshall Stanmore II
This is a solid wireless speaker with great functionality. Marshall Stanmore II has all the features that you certainly need. It importantly offers solid performance and is highly portable. Its build with the revolutionary Amazon Alexa. The multi-room smart speaker can be easily controlled with voice commands. So, you can play and control your music without even lifting your fingers.View On Amazon
It should be noted that this quality speaker gives you endless access. You can even stream music from your favorite online platforms. Apart from that, there is also sound customization. Therefore, you can fine-tune music to personally meet your requirements.
- Customize your sound: fine-tune your requirements personally.
- Control your smart home: the in-built Alexa seamlessly allows you to control multiple devices.
- Multiple ways to listen and connects to Wi-Fi network.
- Far-Field voice recognition: the microphone array works perfectly for smart voice recognition. Additionally, it aids noise cancellation.
- Exceptionally unique and functional.
- Clearly produces great audio.
- It doesn’t have a battery option.
- Significantly falls behind close competitors.
5. Sonos Beam
This is another wireless speaker that’s uniquely designed with excellent features. Sonos Beam allows you to hear every word clearly. It comes with Amazon Alexa which allows you to conveniently issue commands.View On Amazon
Sonos Beam is simple to set up. It simply takes less than 2 minutes from unboxing to playing music. This device allows you to easily build your system. Therefore, you can connect multiple Sonos speakers to create a sound system for each room.
- Smart compact soundbar: conveniently allows you to connect TV and play music.
- Play everything you want with Beam: simply control it with your voice or remote. Additionally, you can use the Sonos app.
- Amazon Alexa: it’s in-built to seamlessly facilitate convenience. So, you can play music, check news, and set alarms, etc.
- Quick to set up: it takes less than 2 minutes to fully set it up.
- Exceptionally powerful sound.
- It can be easily expanded with additional Sonos speakers.
- Lacks Bluetooth.
- Purchasing a similar subwoofer is quite expensive.
6. Fluance Ai60
If you need a speaker that seriously delivers audio, then consider Ai60. It indeed has unparalleled audio performance. It’s specially designed with active speakers which clearly produce sound. They equally create a perfect balance and accuracy.
Ai60 is an incredibly versatile speaker. The all-in-one system is absolutely good for all your audio needs. It should be noted that it has premium components. They include items such as a high-quality amplifier and soft-dome tweeters. There are also glass fiber drivers for detailed mids and deep bass. As a result, this speaker can easily recreate your favorite musician performing.
- Raw Power and Sublime Sound: it allows you to fully experience true stereo sound.
- True Audio Versatility: easily level up and improve your sound system with these.
- Premium Components: meticulously developed to produce deep bass and balanced Mids.
- Ultimate Music Connectivity: conveniently pair its speakers with other devices with the Bluetooth option.
- Clearly delivers true stereo separation.
- It comes with aux input and optical connections.
- You may need to install a subwoofer.
7. Anker Soundcore Flare
This Bluetooth simply puts the LED light on a show. It is certainly one of the best wireless speakers you can purchase right now. Soundcore Flare is an affordable device that effectively delivers quality audio. The highly portable device is driven by two drivers. In addition to that, it has dual passive radiators.View On Amazon
This speaker is more than just a basic entertainment device. It indeed takes your music experience to a whole new level. It should be noted that it allows you to hear and feel audio. Well, this is absolutely facilitated by 360-degree sound production. Besides that, it comes with Bass Up technology. Therefore, the bass frequencies are significantly enhanced in real time.
- 360 –degree sound: it fully gives an immersive audio experience.
- Double sound and light: as a result, the sound intensity is multiplied. So, both sound and light seamlessly sync across both speakers.
- Pool party proof: You can definitely use it in pools. The device has an impermeable brush that effectively resists water. As a result, you can even submerge the device completely.
- Customizable EQ: this speaker perfectly delivers every type of audio. It completely customizes all sounds for you personally.
- Breathtaking bass: it perfectly adjusts your music’s bass frequencies in real time.
- Pool party proof: it still works fully when it’s completely submerged.
- It is quite affordable.
- Quality audio performance with particularly rich lows and crispy highs.
- Easily adjustable bass.
- Completely waterproof.
- The EQ modes don’t function effectively.
8. Ultimate Ears UE Megaboom 3
It’s sleeker and functional than its predecessor. Megaboom 3 is attractively cheap with a beautiful rugged design. This is where performance and style indeed converge. You can easily rock any adventure with this supremely powerful wireless speaker. It’s waterproof and loud. Megaboom 3 deeply produces thundering bass thanks to the 360-degree sound. It’s definitely the ultimate party starter.View On Amazon
This device is virtually indestructible. So, you can drop or kick it without it cracking. The military grade speaker is designed for enhanced portability. Additionally, it has a one-touch control feature. As a result, you can use it to control and access Deezer and Apple music.
- Party up: easily connect with Boom and Boom 2.
- Enhanced portability hence you can take it anywhere.
- Military grade device: its dust, drop, and waterproof.
- The performance combines with style: it’s a highly functional device that’s also attractive
- It produces powerful sound clearly.
- Rugged build hence durable.
- It comes with long-lasting battery life.
- An intense bass can easily make it falter.
- It lacks a wired connection
Types of Wireless Speakers
There are several types of wireless speakers. They are mainly designed by different brands for different purposes. The main types of wireless speakers include:
- RF/IR Speakers
They use radio frequency. These are indeed great alternatives to the traditional wired speakers. RF Speakers have a stereo system that has a radio transmitter. It’s usually embedded deeply inside the amplifier. On the other hand, IR speakers work just like RF. only that IR (Infrared) signals can’t penetrate through solid objects.
- Bluetooth Speakers
These are great companion devices that are increasingly popular. Bluetooth speakers work perfectly with smartphones and tablets. By simply pushing a button, these units can be fully paired. They normally connect over a short-range link. For instance, a host device is connected to the speaker. Thereafter, use the host device to play audio. These speakers are mainly designed for portability. So, you can take them wherever with you. Besides that, they usually run on battery. Overall, they are usually smaller. Currently in the market you can find wide range of bluetooth speakers with great build quality while also being very cheap.
- Wi-Fi Speakers
They usually need a home network to properly function. It should be noted that Wi-Fi speakers normally communicate over TCP/IP. Unlike Bluetooth, these speakers can connect over a long distance. They are sometimes referred to as “Whole House” audio systems. Well, this is because they consume so much power.
- Other Types of Speakers
The above-mentioned speakers are some of the most common. However, other types of speakers include Proprietary.
- Proprietary Speakers
These are Airplay speakers which are specifically associated with Apple. They are uniquely designed to use Apple’s proprietary wireless multimedia technology. These speakers only connect to the “I” devices. So, you can use them with iPhones and iPads. Generally, there are a few vendors for these speakers. On the other hand, they tend to be expensive.
Key Factors to a Good Wireless Speaker
So, how can you choose a good wireless speaker? Well, there are definitely some of the factors you should consider. Overall, quality speakers vary significantly. However, it mainly depends on the model. Some of the characteristics to consider are such as:
A good wireless speaker should be obviously easy to set up. You are absolutely not dealing with any wiring. So, there is clutter to cause inconveniences. Besides that, there are no wires to disconnect. Averagely, it should take you less than 5 minutes to set it up.
- Wi-Fi Connection
Ideally, wireless speakers are designed to work with Wi-Fi. However, some of them also work with Bluetooth. However, technology is evolving and internet connection is important. But why is the Wi-Fi connection important? Well, it effortlessly allows you to use the speakers at a distance. With Bluetooth, you simply have to use the speakers within a limited range.
A good wireless speaker should definitely work with all services. This includes streaming services such as Deezer, Apple music, Sirius XM, and others. For instance, Sonos speakers perfectly utilize this feature. They seamlessly integrate with any music service. Besides that, they also play music from your phone. Additionally, they don’t require any extra set up.
- Style and Compatibility
You need a gadget that is effectively versatile. This way, you can use a wide range of devices. Some ensure that you pick something that adheres with the latest standard technologies. Besides that, it should be beautiful. Aesthetic appeal is also important.
- Technical Issues with Wireless Speakers
Having a wireless speaker is good. First, it eliminates clutter. As a result, it ensures that your surroundings are tidy. Secondly, some of them can connect over the internet. So, they give you access to a wide range of audio content.
However, wireless speakers come with downsides. They are popularly known for uneven sound quality. This is a downside that significantly reduces the quality of the audio. Apart from that, they have other issues such as:
- Signal Interference
This is another prone issues. It should be noted that signal interference alters the audio quality. A lot of people nowadays have multiple electronics. So, radio signals in the air from other household gadgets can easily cause interference. As a result, it degrades the sound quality. Additionally, it may also cause the audio to drop out completely.
- Power Cords
Wireless speakers don’t have wires for input. As a result, a lot of people love them. Well, this is because they help to reduce clutter. However, they are not truly wireless. This is because you must plug them on walls. These devices need power to run. So, it’s vital to connect them to the source of power.so, they idea that they are completely wireless isn’t true.
The Bottom Line
Wireless speakers are definitely amazing. They are generally portable. So, you can carry them anywhere. Most of them work with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth hence they offer convenience. Generally, they give you access to a wide range of content. You can connect them with multiple devices and even stream music online. However, they are usually affected by signal inference. But this is not a serious problem. Therefore, it shouldn’t deter you from getting one.