So, you want to be an accomplished vlogger? Well, you cannot just pick a camera and begin to create Content. Obviously, any camera can take pictures and record videos. However, not all of them are suitable for vlogging. If you are a vlogger, then you need to produce dope content. This is what will make you stand out from the crowd. Therefore, your primary equipment i.e. the camera needs to be of high-quality. But not everyone can afford a high-end camera. And if you are just starting out, then you need a cost-friendly gadget. The electronics market is huge and as a result there are thousands of brands. So, you can still find quality but cheap vlog camera. This article provides a review of the best vlogging cameras under $300.
Best Vlogging Cameras under $300
There is definitely a wide range of camera brands in the market. Therefore, if you are looking for a budget-friendly camera, then the wide device selection can be confusing. Brands are constantly working to outdo each other. And although these cameras can be cost-friendly, they also have great features. To help you choose a quality device, here are some of the best vlogging cameras under $300.
1. Panasonic Lumix ZS50
It’s the best vlogging camera best buy sells to content creators. Panasonic Lumix ZS50 is ultimately your travel companion. This is because it captures all the details. Although it’s a cheap device, it is without doubt, a stunner. It allows you to be in control thanks to the lens-mounted control ring. With 100 fps in HD resolution, you can, in fact, use this gadget to capture high-speed videos.
ZS50 has RAW format recording. In addition to that, it has manual focus peaking. Furthermore, this vlog camera allows you to experience high-speed response no matter how fast your subject is moving. Keep everything steady with the Hybrid IOS which effectively minimizes blur and ensures level images.View On Amazon
- Time-lapse recording to perfectly shoot the natural drama.
- Well-detailed up-close macro-shots of up to 3 cm.
- High sensitivity MOS Sensor for effectively capturing quality shots in low light.
- 30x zoom LEICA Lens to bring the subject even closer.
- Built-in eye viewfinder which eliminates outdoor glare during sunny days
- Enhanced low-light sensitivity for improved sharpness
- Manual control ring for smooth operation and high precision.
- Decent battery life hence its perfect for lengthy recording
- Lacks 4K video capture
- No touchscreen control
- You can’t use some camera features with RAW format recording
2. Nikon COOLPIX B500
Rated the best vlog camera under 300, Nikon COOLPIX B500 allows you to take exceptional images. It’s perfect for use by everyone, including newbies. The adjustments, settings, and controls are all easy to handle. This camera allows you to record 1080p Full-HD videos. Nikon COOLPIX B500 uses a CMOS sensor with 16-megapixels. As a result, it’s great for taking shots in low lit conditions. The imaging lens and the ISO technology work together to subsequently produce great natural photos.View On Amazon
- 16-megapixel low-light image sensor.
- VR image stabilization to efficiently take moving subjects
- The Snap Bridge software which effectively allows faster and easier transfer of files
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- 40x optical and 80x dynamic zoom
- Optical image stabilization technology to effectively reduce blur
- It supports full HD 1080p video quality hence suitable for quality content.
- It supports 80x dynamic fine zoom which can definately help you to get better long shots.
- Poor ISO noise performance
- Glitchy SnapBridge implementation
- It lacks manual exposure control
3. Canon PowerShot N
It’s rated as the best Vlogging camera Under 300 for accompanying smartphones. With a 2.8-inch capacitive, tilt, and touch panel LCD, this vlogging camera allows you to be as creative as you can. It gives your images an artistic flair thanks to the new creative shot mode.
This compact camera is clearly a great smartphone companion. It easily captures moving subjects, including things such as active pets and kids. Its design features shutter release and zoom control. besides that, its touchscreen allows you to tap to focus and also shoot. The vlog camera comes with two rings around the lens, the inner ring is the zoom control while the outer ring is the shutter release.View On Amazon
- 28 mm wide-angle lens, 8X optical image stabilized zoom, 12.1 MP CMOS sensor, and DIGIC 5 processor.
- A new creative shot mode that uses color, composition, and lighting from the subject to create five unique images.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for faster transfer and sharing of images between devices and social networking sites.
- The camera has a Mobile Device Connect Button for sharing connection between iOS and Android devices.
- Simple to use. Simply point and shoot.
- It has a tilting touch screen
- Multiple innovative snapshot modes to perfectly take photos
- Its flash is small
- Poor battery life hence its not suitable for lengthy use.
- For its design, it’s quite expensive. You can definitely get a better camera for less
4. Nikon Coolpix S7000
Coolpix S7000 is a good vlogging camera with a 3-inch fixed type screen. The ultra-compact device has a 16 MP CMOS Sensor with an ISO range of 100-6400. With 20x optical zoom, Nikon Coolpix S7000 definitely allows you to capture beautiful close-ups of distant action. Apart from that, the optical zoom feature can also go from wide-angle to telephoto. Additionally, the dynamic fine zoom with 40x allows you even more reach.
Equally important is the Vibration Reduction feature to ensure that your photos are sharp and the videos are steady. Apart from that, this vlogging camera allows you to quickly overcome tricky shooting situations by offering multiple creative image effects. With the available of 19 scene modes, you can undoubtedly find the best mode for any environment.View On Amazon
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC for better connectivity with smart devices.
- 20x optical zoom plus a 40x with dynamic fine zoom for more reach.
- Full-HD 1080/60i videos along with the stereo sound.
- Target Finding AF for accurate and intelligent autofocus
- 18 scene modes such as the beach, night portrait, snow, and sunset, etc.
- Multiple scene modes to accordingly cater to every situation
- Captures beautiful close-up of distant subjects
- Target Finding AF to precisely ensure that you capture the right subject
- Low battery life and therefore not suitable for extended use.
- There is no RAW shooting
- Lacks manual focusing
5. Lakasara Camcorder
This is a multifunctional ultra-HD camcorder with great features. Lakasara Camcorder is undoubtedly among the best vlogging cameras that has superb features. The device features Sony 8.9 MP Sensor and up to 24.0 MP. The digital camcorder with a microphone has a 1080p full-HD resolution. Additionally, it comes with a unique hot shoe function which you can use to attach an external microphone and video camera light. Consequently, this helps to improve the sound quality of videos by reducing noise.
This vlogging camera is mainly designed to record fast and simple videos. The wide-angle lens in addition to features such as a timer, anti-shake, and face detection capability make it a vlogger-friendly and affordable camera.
- It has Sony 8.0 MP sensor, 24 MP, 3.0-inch TFT-LCD touch screen, and 16X digital zoom.
- It supports standard tripod in addition to SD/SDHC class 10 card of up to 64 GB.
- Wide Angle Lens: 1920*1080P 30FPS (Full HD) resolution.
- Automatic features to promote image stabilization
- Numerous vlogging-friendly features hence its suitable for beginners.
- It’s a multifunctional Ultra-HD camcorder to effectively improve your performance.
- The hot shoe function helps to significantly reduce noise
- You cannot connect this camcorder to Wi-Fi hence its challenging to transfer files.
- Its battery takes a long time to fully charge
- You need to have a separate memory card for storage while taking shots.
What to Consider When Buying Vlogging Cameras under $300
A vlogging camera under $300 is normally considered to be a tier 2 device. So, this means that it’s a relatively affordable camera. It could be a point and shoot device or a compact camcorder. To ensure that you choose the best cheap vlogging camera, you need to be realistic.
Your aim should be to specifically find a quality device with great image processing capabilities. Therefore, make sure that you find a 4K camera or a device with almost similar features. In order to be realistic, you need to:
- Think long-term: you need to choose a camera with good specs. As a matter of fact, it should be well-designed in such a way that it can do its job for a long period of time without easily getting faulty. also you should invest in good quality lenses for personalized shots in different conditions.
- Understand your niche: as a vlogger, you need to understand the type of content you’re going to make. Is it indoors or outdoors? Does it involve a lot of movement or not?
- Take your time: avoid impulse purchasing. In other words, sit down and make a well-informed decision about the device that you want. Highlight its key features and specifications. After that, look for a model that matches those characteristics.
Some of the features to consider when buying a vlogging camera under $300 are the type of screen display and connectivity. In addition to those, always go for an LCD touchscreen. In terms of connectivity, the device should have Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection. All these helps to allow faster transfer of files.
In summary, there are numerous brands of cameras which go for less than $300. Apart from the cost-friendly budget which seems attractive, there are also other factors that you need to consider. it should be noted that Vlogging is highly competitive niche. So, this means that you should take time to analyze a device. Furthermore, your vlog camera needs to be durable and portable with great features.