Technology has changed the way we consume content. While most people will read texts and peruse through images, most of them love watching videos.
At the moment, video blogs have the highest consumption online. This means that a lot of content creators are turning to it. But in order to be a successful content creator, you need to have a good camera. So, below is a review of the best vlogging cameras.
Best Vlogging Cameras
The best vlogging cameras certainly don’t have the basic zoom and flash features. They definitely come with upgraded designs to ensure that you capture impressive shots and record well-detailed videos. Some of the best vlogging camera are:
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
This vlogging camera allows you to quickly illuminate your passion. Canon Power Shot G7 X Mark II produces incredible images. This due to the 20.1 MP CMOS sensor plus DIGIC 7 image processor. In addition to that, it has a bright aperture value of f/1.8-2.8. Furthermore, it has an Optical Zoom of 4.2 x (24 MM -100 MM).
The camera also allows up to 8 fps continuous shooting. It should be noted that the high resolution LCD monitor makes it ideal for taking pictures. More importantly, it allows to take shots at creative angles. Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II’s tilt and touch operation is perfectly enhanced by a monitor. It can tilt up to 180° and down 45°.View On Amazon
- It has a 20.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor. This helps to effectively capture high-quality images. In addition to that, this camera can efficiently capture videos with wide dynamic ranges.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for enhanced convenience.
- High-resolution. The camera has 3.0-inch LCD monitor that tilts up 180° and down 45°.
- Ability to effectively shoot continuously at up to 8 fps.
- The lens is equipped to capture a variety of situations with high precision.
- In-built Wi-Fi and a touch-sensitive screen for efficiency.
- A large sensor and wide aperture lens
- Short zoom
- The camera lacks viewfinder
It’s one of the best vlogging cameras that Youtubers use. Fujifilm X-A5 mirrorless digital camera is highly portable. Moreover, it’s a lightweight device with great design. The 180-degree rotating LCD monitor is great for selfie. Furthermore, it makes macro photography enjoyable. It should be noted that the camera has an eye detection function. Additionally, it comes with a portrait enhancer which you can apply on three levels.
Fujifilm X-A5 has versatile shooting modes. Besides that, its exposure compensation is great. The touchscreen has “Touch Zoom”, “Touch AF”, and “Touch Shoot”. Additionally, the camera also has 11 Film simulations. So, you can conveniently use it to replicate classic film prints.View On Amazon
- High definition and high-resolution 4K video recording
- Advanced Bluetooth technology. As a result, it’s perfect for quick, automatic, and easy file transfers.
- 2-megapixel APS-C sensor with great scene recognition accuracy
- Large rear LCD monitor that can rotate up to 180 degrees.
- Impressive dynamic range expansion
- Great image quality hence suitable for vlogging.
- Significantly sharp and clear shots.
- Great selfie mode
- Doesn’t have a viewfinder
- Captures 4K videos at 15 fps
Nikon D5600 is a great vlog camera. It will certainly allow you to stand out from the crowd. The impressive device produces impeccable photos and videos. Therefore, you can use it to capture excellent snaps. D5600 comes with great intuitive controls. In addition to that, it has a long-lasting battery.
Nikon D5600 is suitable for both new and experienced video bloggers. It has around 39 autofocus points as well as the familiar touch of controls. The versatile controls allow you to easily pinch, swipe, and zoom. Additionally, you can even use them to set focus with your fingertips.View On Amazon
- It has full-HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps.
- 2 MP DX-format CMOS Sensor.
- 2-inch Vari-angle touchscreen.
- In-built Wi-Fi, NFC, and SnapBridge Bluetooth.
- Undoubtedly impressive touchscreen.
- Great ISO performance.
- Excellent battery life.
- Fast buffer clearing.
- The viewfinder only provides 95% coverage.
- Doesn’t have 4K video recording.
- The Bluetooth connection can be slow.
DJI Osmo Pocket
Although it’s a cheap vlogging camera it has premium features. This is a handheld camera that has a 3-axis stabilizer. It should be noted that the stabilizer is a superb feature. It allows you to capture every moment perfectly. Additionally, DJI Osmo Pocket has an FPV mode for enhanced performance.
The vlog camera also comes intuitive functions. As a result, it allows for easier total customization. Besides that, its robust editing suite makes it perfect for all users. It should be noted that DJI Osmo Pocket gives your content a professional touch. This is because of its exclusively designed soundtracks and filters.View On Amazon
- Amazingly powerful performance.
- The camera has a 1 /2.3-inch sensor, f/2.0 aperture, and 80-degree FOV.
- It captures videos at 4K/60 fps.
- It comes with a 3-axis mechanical gimbal. Additionally, it has a new algorithm for accuracy
- It’s pocket size definately makes it a great overhead camera.
- It’s built for speed and detail.
- It airdrops digital files very quickly.
- The microphone definately needs improvement.
- Its sensor doesn’t do well in low lit environments.
Panasonic Lumix G85 / G80
This is the best vlogging camera for beginners. Panasonic Lumix G85/G80 is uniquely designed with upgraded features. It’s also one of the best budget vlogging cameras. However, it comes with a great mirrorless feature. What makes this camera stand out is the cutting-edge video design. In addition to that, it has an excellent audio feature. Besides that, the image stabilization feature and creative controls significantly enhance its attractiveness. You can, therefore, use it to perfectly capture your favorite moments. Note that this device allows you to record video frames and then save them as high-resolution pictures.View On Amazon
- It has versatile lens for wide-angle landscapes.
- The device delivers compact true-to-life image quality.
- It uses a 5-Axis Gyro sensor compensation. This leads to increased image stability.
- The camera is weatherproofed. Furthermore, it’s rugged to withstand challenging environments.
- It’s definitely suitable for beginners.
- This device has a face detection feature. As a result, it easily keeps subjects on lock.
- It comes with limited a ISO range
- The camera has a poor battery life. So, it’s not suitable for prolonged use.
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 / EOS 200D
Canon makes some of the best budget friendly Digital SLR camera in the market. Their EOS Rebel SL2 / EOS 200D is certainly one of them and it is also a very good camera for vlogging. The device has a 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor. The premium sensor helps to perfectly capture stunning images. Additionally, it’s one of the best vlogging cameras that YouTubers use to capture stunning videos. This gadget simply produces brilliant image detail. In addition that, it has excellent dynamic colors. It should be noted that this camera allows for smooth recording. This is mainly due to the Full HD quality which runs at 60 fps.View On Amazon
- It has aVari-angle touch screen.
- The device comes with a great external microphone input.
- Full-HD 60p and 2 megapixel CMOS Sensor.
- It’s designed with built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth technology
- It allows you to share photos and videos quickly.
- It’s good for steady shooting. Additionally, it has a minimal lag time.
- The 9-point AF system is great for sharp shots.
- The view finder shooting has 9F points only
- The video is limited to 1080p.
Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D
This is a good Vlogging Camera that’s a perfect fit for entry-level vloggers. It’s well-designed with high-quality features that make it attractive. The camera has an impressive new sensor and a 45-point autofocus system. All these certainly make it the go-to device of content creators. Note that Canon T7i provides excellent live views. Additionally, it has a premium graphical interface that’s appealing to new users.
The camera has a DIGIC 7 Image Processor and a 24.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor. Moreover, they enhance image details, ensuring that they are rich in color. Apart from that, this camera had an ISO range of 100-25, 600. This means that it’s a suitable video blogging camera for shooting in environments with dim lighting.View On Amazon
- In-built Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth. As a result, you can easily transfer pictures and videos.
- 2 megapixel CMOS sensor
- High-speed continuous shooting at 60 fps. In other words, it makes content creation fun.
- Great touchscreen control. This allows users to effectively manage their shots.
- The camera has impressive Live View AF performance.
- It has detailed and color-rich images. As a result, it takes good pictures and videos.
- It lacks the 4K video feature. As a result, it does not appeal to most video bloggers.
- It has a plastic finish which is definitely great. You should, therefore, handle it carefully.
- It has a 95% view finder coverage only. This feature means that it is certainly not attractive for vlogging.
What is Vlogging?
This is a term that describes video blogging. Vloggers normally record and publish videos online. It should be noted that the rise of vlogging is mainly attributed to YouTube. You can now create video content on any niche and then post it on YouTube.
What Does It Take To Be a Good Vlogger?
Vlogging and content creation are certainly new types of careers. They have been definately bought in by technology. More and more people are spending time over the internet. So, this means that they consume too much digital content. Videos are the most consumed type of content and that’s why the vlogging community is the most popular. But what does it take to be a good vlogger?
- Should consistently publish high-quality vlogs
- They are interactive and socially active with their audiences
- They effectively use channel branding
- Should be able to seamlessly network with other vloggers
- They are entertaining and produce relatable content
Main Qualities of Vlogging Cameras
When shopping for vlog cameras, you obviously come across cameras with the typical features. But if you want to create content that stands out, then you must look beyond. Your target audience definately deserves quality content hence you must find a device that can help you achieve this. The main qualities of the best vlogging cameras include:
Image quality: do you need videos in 4K or 1080p? Although a Full-HD 1080p camera is good, a 4K device is undoubtedly the best. It allows you to create impressive content.
Screen: always go for an LCD screen. This is because it has useful functions like touchscreen for manual focusing and flip screen.
Stabilization: choose a device which has in-built optical image stabilization. This is important if you want to improve your vlog quality.
Audio: as much as images are important, your viewers need to hear you as well. So, a good vlogging camera should have a microphone that’s placed on the front. This results in crispy clear sound.
Portability: a lightweight and compact camera is of course good. This allows you to move around and record videos while you are on the go.
In conclusion, a high-quality camera is important. So, whether you are a beginner or an experienced video blogger, you need an upgraded gear. This is what will assist you to create impressive videos.
Note that your target audience obviously deserves relatable videos. However, they need to be clear in terms of visual and audio quality.